Thanks for standing up for public education- for democracy, equity, access, meaningful learning, and respect for schools’ communities!
Support our work by donating today at bit.ly/CVPE501c3
Community Voices for Public Education
What are we fighting for?
[en español clic aquí]
End the takeover and restore local control.
- The takeover is not improving student learning.
- An elected board is accountable to local voters, a hallmark of our democracy. The Board of Managers is accountable only to Mike(s) Miles and Morath.
Strong and meaningful student achievement
- Inquiry-based curriculum, equitably accessed across the district
- Fully functional libraries that support academic progress and student curiosity
- Ending the over-reliance on high-stakes STAAR testing
High-quality, respected teacher corps
- Certified teachers with college degrees
- Autonomy in the classroom so that the differentiated needs of students are met
Upcoming Events: RSVP and more info at houstoncvpe.org/events
Save the dates:
Dec 5th and 12th: How to register to speak at a BOM meeting: Dec 5th and 12th.
- Dec 7th: HISD Board of Managers work session. Sign up to speak by noon Wed.
- Dec 14th: HISD Board of Managers meeting. Sign up to speak by noon Wed.
- Dec 9th: Student Meeting about takeover at 10 am. Details forthcoming
- Dec 9th: Learn how to opt out of STAAR; 2-3 pm, Kashmere Gardens Public Library
- Dec 16th: Learn how to opt out of STAAR; 2-3 pm, Oak Forest Public Library
- Jan 13th: CVPE General Meeting, 1-2:30 pm at Trinity Gardens Church of Christ