CVPE Campaigns for 2022-2023
Reduce the over-reliance of STAAR in our schools.
- Support the opt-out of STAAR campaign by parents and teachers.
- Talk to elected officials and others to promote bills that eliminate the use of STAAR for graduation. Texas is 1 of only 11 states to require a test to graduate. That must change!
- Push back against the unfunded mandate of HB 4545 required tutorials and summer school. Parents can decline these test prep tutorials per state law.
Support more equitable funding.
- Support enrollment-based funding vs attendance-based funding.
- Support smaller class size to promote personalization and improved learning.
- More support and wraparound services for schools in high-need communities.
- Support teacher and support staff raises so that teachers are fairly paid and their input valued and so that children have teachers who are skilled and who know them in their schools
- Charters drain dollars from our public schools and they get more money than our public schools and that means fewer resources for children who choose to attend their local public school. In most cases, they do not provide higher performance or innovation and supported by billionaires who want to privatize public education.
Support anti-racist policies in our schools.
- Support student access to books at State Board of Education meetings and at local school board meetings.
- Support the teaching of the full and truthful history of our nation and world.
Re-imagine School Safety
- End the disproportionate discipline of black and brown children and children with disabilities.
- Promote parent and teacher education to promote restorative programs.
Read about Past Issues (2011-2021) here
Do you like this page?